Saturday 18 June 2016

Research (Preliminary)

A quick check on Wikipedia told me that Men Without Hats fall into the new wave/synthpop genre. With that in mind I chose some songs from bands of a similar genre that I enjoy:

Tears for Fears - Head Over Heels:


For the most part I can understand the plot of this video; the guy wants the girl and the girl just isn't interested. However, there are some aspects that I don't understand, for example, why is there a monkey in the library? Why are peculiar effects used like the keyboard flying in? I think the video definitely holds attention.

The Cure - Lullaby:


I feel this is a very easy to understand video as it really brings the lyrics to life; these lyrics being the bedtime tale of the spider man. It is definitely an interesting video that easily holds attention and plays to the idea of strange dreams. The only really confusing parts are the shots of the lead singer trapped in a web in the corner of the room whilst he is also in bed.

Echo and the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon



For such an interesting song I was quite disappointed with the video. I could not make sense of it and it was very repetitive (the same shots used over and over with perhaps some changes to colour). It definitely does not do the song justice. I do feel, however, that their use of colour fit with the tone/mood of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment